Thursday, January 14, 2010

Is There Another Holocaust On the Horizon

Lee Wind just posted recently about a new law the Ugandan government is planning to pass. Basically, the law states that homosexuality (and lesbianism) is illegal, and the penalty for being such is death. HERE is his actual post.


Although this is Uganda and not the United States, it is still frightening. As Lee points out in his post, this fear-mongering is exactly how Hitler and his people came to power. It's how the Bush Administration was able to remove so many civil rights for everyone in this this country, and how the ultra-conservatives are still attempting to manipulate and control us.

The fact that we already have these (powerful) elements in our own society is what makes this Uganda thing so frightening. They were instrumental in helping the Ugandans come up with this atrocity. And they're here! In the United States.

They haven't achieved this level of insanity here - yet. But with this action their intent has become clear. It may seem like complete science fiction to believe they could create death camps such as Auschwitz and Buchenwald here in America, but I expect that's what it seemed like to Germany in the 1920s and early 30s.

We have to be aware of how these enemies of humanity operate. And we must try and block them. America is so filled with fear and hatred now it is a very scary place to live.

Read Lee Wind's post. I believe he links to the original New York Times article.

4 comments:

fairyhedgehog said...

I'm glad you're behind this cause too, Nightwings.

Wings in the Night said...

It's scary, despite not taking place in my country. I keep waiting for the power of these conservative extremists to wan. It will. Eventually. But until that day arrives "resistance is not futile".

Sarah Laurenson said...

I did not stand up for them. And when they came for me there was no one left to stand up for me.

Very paraphrased, but it's the whole - it's happening elsewhere and not to people I know - mentality that allows such hatred to thrive.

I know I've been lax in speaking out on this. I think part of it is I just don't want to believe it's happening. When we're coming closer to actual equality - at least in the eyes of the law - here, it's hard to imagine that people from here would go to another country and preach hate. It's hard for me to imagine anyone who believes in God would preach hate. But they do. They do.

And then they have the gall to say they didn't realize Uganda would take it this far. Nice way to not stand behind your convictions.

I guess those who preach hate also lack courage.

Wings in the Night said...

People who are ARE cowards. That's why they work so hard to get others to hate with them.

Most people claim a relationship with God. But anyone who expounds hatred can't ever have conversed with him.

Feigning ignorance of what Uganda would do with their prompting is just another lie. My guess is they got exactly what they wanted.

We're in more trouble than I realized.